Workplace Bullying & Harassment Investigations
Workplace bullying is systematic targeting by one or more co-workers. Bullying in the workplace causes stress and can affect an organisation’s productivity. Equita Consulting offers expertise in the management of harassment and bullying in the workplace. We offer a thorough and neutral ‘Workplace Bullying & Harassment Investigation’ service. We will plan the investigation, prepare a strategy, provide an appropriate investigator, interview witnesses, assess and summarise the information gathered and provide a comprehensive report indicating conclusions and recommendations for action. We can also review and prepare company’s anti-bullying policy documents and procedures for implementation, either after an investigation exercise or in order to pre-empt any issues that may arise in the future. We also conduct reviews/appeal of investigations.
Pre Investigation Work:
- Employer to forward complaint, response and all relevant policies to the proposed investigator(s) for consideration, suitability & availability.
- Forward investigators credentials to parties/unions for objections. If no objections - appoint investigator.
- Issue the Terms Of Reference(from the employer) or investigator to arrange to meet with parties and their representatives to agree the Terms of Reference.
- Forward all relevant paperwork to all parties and schedule interviews.
- Meet complainant to gather full evidence on grievance
- Meet respondent(s) to gather full response
- Meet witnesses. Confidential minutes taken. Recommend a note taker - independent.
- Issue minutes. (process behind this)
- Agreed minutes forwarded to complainant and respondent(s) in batches throughout investigation. (provided both parties are participating)
- Gather evidence throughout.
- Meet respondents and complainant close to end of process to give them the opportunity to respond to any issues raised in the minutes or the process.
- Review all minutes and evidence.
- Compile relevant appendices
- Write & Issue report.